The Adore Yoga Manifesto
- Yoga is important. It changes lives because it changes our understanding of who we are.
- Yoga is accessible to all people regardless of age, body type, ethnicity, gender identification and background.
- Yoga is more than asana. It’s a rich tradition that brings lasting personal transformation.
- Yoga uses many tools, including movement, breath, concentration, healthy lifestyle and mindful action to help us remove the obstacles to a happy and peaceful life.
- Where possible, learn yoga from experienced, well trained teachers who never stop learning from their own experienced, well trained teachers.
- The best yoga style is the one most suited to your individual needs. There is no single system or approach that is right for everybody.
- Yoga is safest and most effective when it is adapted to each individual in small groups or one-on-one.
- Yoga is about relationships: your relationship with yourself, your relationship with the world and your relationship with your true source.
- The first principle of raja yoga is Yama - ethical behaviour in relationships. At Adore Yoga, we are guided by our commitment to acting ethically in relationships and strive to be mindful of the consequences of our actions, or inaction, on all beings and the planet itself.
Nikola Ellis is the founder of Adore Yoga, yoga therapist, counsellor and teacher trainer. She conducts regular trainings that help people of all ages, shapes and abilities enjoy the benefits of yoga and meditation, including Meditation Facilitator Certificate Trainings; Level 1 200hr Teacher Training and Post Graduate Yoga Teacher Training in Mental Health, Adaptive Asana and the Foundations of Yoga Therapy and a highly regarded professional 650hr Graduate Certificate of Yoga Therapy.