If you're a yoga teacher, you are one of the most important people on the planet right now. You know why? Because you have the skills to lead a revolution in kindness, compassion and the vital life-skills that we all need right now.
Who better to lead our communities through this challenging time than yoga teachers? Let's look at all the things your an expert in:
- Breathing techniques that immediately calm anxious minds
- Meditation techniques that bring balance
- Exercises that can be done in small spaces (yoga is the ultimate quarantine exercise!)
- Holding space for people to process their thoughts and feelings
- Cultivating non-judgemental compassion for all beings
How are you not the most qualified person to support your community to get through this? The trick is to look after yourself in the process - you're going to burn out fast if you don't put self care at the top of the list. Don't forget to:
- Do your personal yoga practice every day
- Check in with friends and family several times a day
- Hold your community of fellow yoga teachers close and support each-other
(Oh, and keep washing your hands and maintaining social isolation. Of course)
You are already doing an incredible job. I've seen you scrambling to get your classes online, taking your classes outside and finding other innovative ways to support your students (and your own family in the process).
My passion is supporting yoga teachers to do their best work. I've spent nearly 20 years as a yoga teacher trainer and mentor, helping teachers to develop their skills and bring the transformative power of yoga to their students.
What I've learned is that yoga teachers are incredible, adaptable, caring, compassionate and highly sensitive human beings. You really, really care about your students. And that's how we'll get through this. By continuing to care. By looking out for each-other. By putting one foot in front of the other, every single day. You've got this.
"Yoga teachers of Australia, you are AMAZING!". WATCH VIDEO
FREE Online Yoga Teaching Resources
I've made a folder of short videos answering questions about getting yoga classes online. If I haven't answered YOUR question, just send it to me and I'll do it!
Upcoming Professional Training at Adore